Saturday - Move Day
After going back north for a band gig last night, I went to sleep in Bellingham (briefly). This morning, I picked up Madelyn and brought her down to be with us for the remainder of Max's stay. We arrived to the PICU at about 9:30. At 10am, Max was moved to the Surgical unit where we will stay until Max is up and about. For those of you interested in coming to visit, we are in the Giraffe wing on the third floor - G-3024. He has a private room and a really nice view. We had visitors yesterday: Nellie and Dennis Butterfield came for a bit, and then Francine Inslee came for a little while. It was good to have visitors and I think Max does well having people and conversation in little bits. It looks as if we will probably be here until about Monday. I will be leaving this afternoon to go to another gig, but I will be back in the evening and Madelyn and I will spend the night at Mel and Kacy Walters'.
He was de-catheterized and no longer has to have an IV. However, he still has a couple of IVs capped and in him. I don't know when they will take those out. He is eating normally, but is very weak and sleeps a lot. He can walk from his bed to his bathroom with assistance, but is dizzy. He still has a little double vision, but it seems to be getting better.
There's not a whole lot to report on in regards to Max's recovery. There are little improvements each day and getting his IV and catheter out are both steps in the right direction. Matt and I are exhausted, so we are taking naps, too. Madelyn has had a tough week, too and I think we are all doing better now that we are together in one place.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home