ICU Recovery
Max came through the embolization without incident and they wheeled him into ICU around 11:30. We waited for them to call us back and at about 11:45 we were allowed to come back to be with him. Max said he needed to go to the bathroom really bad. He also had to remain flat... long story short (and to save Max from embarrasment later), between the stress, the pressure in his bladder and the anaesthetic, they had to knock him out to get a catheter in him. It was a pretty tense 30 minutes while we went through the ordeal. I think we all cried. When he woke up (again), he was back to his funny personality and tired. He hasn't been allowed to eat yet, but will hopefully get a strawberry milkshake as requested at snack time, which is in about half an hour. He will stay fully reclined until after supper tonight, at which time they will likely take out his catheter and allow him to move his leg.
I will be going home tonight, as I need to work tomorrow. For Max and Matt, they will remain in ICU tonight, and later in the afternoon tomorrow, we think Max will be transferred to the surgery ward. We're not entirely sure on that one, but I suppose when I am back down here tomorrow, we'll find out for sure. I think we will find out tomorrow when surgery is scheduled for Thursday, but as soon as I find out, I'll be sure to post it here.
I'm headed back up to Max's room until later tonight....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home