A Journal of a family dealing with a child's AVM and surgery.

Friday, March 17

Friday Morning

For those looking for a post from last night, my apologies. I wrote entries, but couldn't get the computer to post them and at about 10pm, I gave up.

I spent the night in the room with Max. He was checked every couple of hours and had morphine for the night, so slept fairly well. This morning, he went to get another MRI. I sat in the room with him - very cold and very loud.

He hasn't had any morphine as of this morning, but he's feeling queasy. They would like to get him off narcotics, but until he can eat and until his pain is a little more managable, morphine is his drug of choice.

Matt and I listened in on rounds this am and after the neurosurgery team comes by, he will get orders to move to the surgical ward for the remainder of his recovery. However, the nurse says the surgical ward is full, so it might not be until evening that he gets moved.

Madelyn called this morning and I can tell she is ready to be with us and for us to be back. She sounded like she was stretched a bit thin and lonely. I will be picking her up tomorrow morning. I offered her the option of sleeping at my house tonight, too, but for now, she's still at Matt's taking care of the animals and resting. She stayed home from school today, which is an indicator for me that she is in need of some family time.

I'll update everyone this evening once there is something new to report. Right now, Matt and I are just trying to catch up on our sleep and just breathe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home