Anaesthesia
As I last reported, Max had some issues with his body's response to anaesthesia and apparently that wasn't everything...
Once Max came-to after the catheterization, he was tired, but couldn't sleep and thought maybe he should try to eat. We ordered supper. He had a shake at snacktime and that seemed to go down fine, so we didn't think anything of giving him supper. However...
Again, to save you all from gruesome detail (and Max from embarassment), Max was nauseated and I got the privilege of assisting him as he got rid of the rest of the effects of his anaesthesia... all over me. In true Max-fashion, the first thing he did once he was done was to apologize, the little bugger! He felt better once it was all over and eventually kept down a few bites of rice and water. It was heart-breaking to have to leave him, but I needed to come home to work for a bit tomorrow as well as to spend some time with Madelyn. Wednesdays are Madelyn-and-mom days, and I want to keep her schedule as normal as possible. Plus, I think she needs some parental time and she and I are also working on a Lego project for Max.
As I was getting ready to go, the Neurosurgeons came by to report in to us. Dr. Lucas was there, as well as A doctor Anthony "Tony" Avellino. Dr. Avellino said that Dr. Ojemann asked him to assist with Max's surgery. He said they would be coming by tomorrow to give us the details of the upcoming surgery. Since I will be at work, Matt is at the hospital, and will call and give me the update and I will post it as soon as I know something.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home